Minutes 18th July 2023

Minutes Uploaded on October 23, 2023

                                                                                                     Page: 231 / 23




MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday, 18th July 2023, at 7.00 pm,


Dr J. Hughes, Chairman                             

Mrs J. Mallett, Vice-Chairman

Mrs S. Deane            

Mrs S. Goodman           

Mrs S. Parkerson

Mr P. Billingham

The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming everyone and making the following announcement:

I would like to advise Councillors and members of the public that under the Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 members of the public are permitted to photograph, film, broadcast and report on the meeting, subject to the efficient running of the meeting not being


APOLOGIESReasons for absence to be recorded.

ATTENDING:      4 members of the public, a university student, a prospective Parish Council candidate.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS:  Both interest & nature of interest to be declared – None.

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING:    These had been previously circulated, were proposed,

seconded and signed by the Chairman as a correct record with the following amendments:

  • P 229 should read Parkerson
  • Agreed the December 2023 PC meeting to be held on Tuesday 5th


Student attended meeting regarding his dissertation on housing ‘new build.’

  • Information received about the new First Homes discount housing.
  • Request received from H. Fromont regarding moving the 30mph sign along the Rothersthorpe Road to include his ‘Sunnies & Spooks’ field entrance. To note, 30mph limits must be covered by street lighting.
  • Spitfire Homes phase 2 & 3. WNC contacted – there are no applications on the system relating to any phase 2 + 3.
  • Rothersthorpe Road closure to build a footpath. Cllr Addison & Cllr Brown have asked for partial road closure to allow free flowing traffic. Further representation to be made.

Page:  232 / 23

PLANNING: – P. Billingham


Application Location Proposal Comments
2023/5796/FULL 5 Willow View Front door relocation, + rear extension to replace existing conservatory Pending

PC has no comments to make

2923/5845/FUL The Sun Inn Temporary consent for 3 existing pods Pending

The PC has no objections

2023/5029/OUT 3 Hodges Lane Outline development Pending with numerous neighbour objections
WNS/2022/2301/FUL Willow Barn, Willow View Conversion of building to 3 bed dwelling Approval
WNS/2022/0673/MAF Land off Beech Lane Construct 58 dwellings with access, parking & landscaping Pending.

PC objects

96 neighbour responses since June 23. All objections.


Beech Lane application:

  • Application will be heard at a planning committee meeting in Towcester.
  • Application ‘called in’ by Cllr Adam Brown who will speak against the 58 dwelling application.
  • PC Chairman, Vice-Chairman & parishioner Mr N. Moriarty to attend.
  • The British Horse Society has objected to the application.
  • It is understood that the planning case officer has asked for several points to be clarified.

Spitfire Development

  • Safety issues need resolving:
  1. Zebra / pelican crossing on the Rothersthorpe Road
  2. Barriers at the entrance to the new estate


FINANCE:     The Clerk (RFO), J. Hughes

Bank Balance                                 Current Account (minus CIL fund)   £40,015.34

                                                            Deposit Account                                            £1,516.92

It was proposed, seconded & resolved to pay the following invoices:


Chq. No. Payee Information Amount VAT Total
1977 HMRC Clerk’s PAYE 79.40   79.40
1978 Kislingbury village hall Hire of hall x 3 44.00   44.00
1979 Npower Lighting supply 486.35 97.23 583.58
1980 E. ON Lighting maintenance 366.50 73.30 439.80

Finance matters:

  • Queries raised – how the budget is spent & what checks are made on keeping to agreed expenditure.
  • It was agreed that the Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer could authorise expenditure up to £500.00 without needing agreement from Council.
  • Change of bank mandate forms to be dealt with. Chairman, Vice-Chairman & S. Dean have an appointment at Barclays Bank.

Page: 233 / 23

CIL Monies

  • It was agreed to allocate some of the fund towards the following:
  1. KPFA, £10,000 match fund for ground works in the children’s play area.
  2. 3 new notice boards – S. Deane to obtain quotes. Information board t be considered.
  3. Nene foot bridge – discussion with Highways.
  4. Spinney by the river
  5. Lighting update & Hall Close.
  6. Planters
  7. Additional VAS signs & license to be obtained.

PARISH CLERK’SREPORT – to include correspondence & communications.

  • Letter received from Roade PC regarding a planning meeting at The Forum on the 3rd
  • VAS sign – WNC to grant a licence.


Casual Vacancies – The Council has three vacancies with interest from two parishioners.  To discuss the format / method for installing / agreeing a new casual vacancy.

Allotments – S. Parkerson

  • Grass cuttings concerns.

Defibrillator – S. Parkerson

  1. The Sun Inn – all checked.
  2. The village hall – Clerk to arrange a joint training session for the new defibrillator.

Grass Cutting – J. Mallett

  • Cromwell verge to be included in the mowing contract.
  • All weeds to be cut down.

Environmental Items including hedges & trees – Z. Kemp


  • Still needs work.

Street Lighting – S. Goodman

  • Pl40 & 41 The Orchard reported out of order.
  • PL outside 25 Hall Close reported to E. ON
  • Electricity prices to increase from 1st September to rise from 33.80p per kwh to 50.18pkwh.
  • Email correspondence received from D. Laurence regarding lighting in Hall Close.

Village Maintenance, seats, planters, litter picking – S. Deane

  • Notice board at the Red Lion needs attention. S. Dean will contact C. Hawkey regarding repairs.
  • Highways gate by M1 bridge is broke again.
  • Query if there is a mechanism to restrict HGV’s from using the village roads as a short cut to the A5. Clerk to make enquiries.

Highways, roads & footpaths – J. Hughes – No report

School Liaison – J. Hughes – Nothing to report.

Kislingbury News – J. Hughes – No report

Bugbrooke Medical Centre PPG – S. Goodman – Nothing to report.

Police Liaison – S. Parkerson

  • A car has been stolen from The Orchard.

KPFA Representative – J. Hughes

  • A written Memorandum of Understanding between PC & KPFA is needed. Chairman to draft.
  • It was agreed to match fund up to £10,000 with the KPFA to start the groundwork in the children’s play area.
  • Clerk to make enquiries regarding purchases & VAT requirements.

Page:  234 / 23

Village Hall Representative – J. Mallett

  • Considering replacing the roof
  • Footpath is being replaced by Spitfire Homes
  • Electronic calenda & booking system to be considered in line with other village halls.
  • New management team secretary is Mrs Catherine Billingham.
  • Considering a morning ‘Mothers & Tots’ session & a time for the elderly.

Tree Warden – Zoe Kemp

  • Yew tree in the Churchyard – suggest not to pollard. It is an old tree & better to fell.
  • Ash tree on old pond site needs attention.
  • Silver Birch on Starmer’s Lane is dead & needs felling.

Neighbourhood Watch – D. Topliss – No report

Flood & Snow Warden – C. Payne

  • Spoke to Katherine Benham, the Northants Wild Life Trust regarding the Beech Lane planning application mentioning the field is ridge & furrow & that Barn Owls feed there.

Footpath Warden – P. Beeston

  • Playground equipment supplier’s visits arranged.
  • Meeting held with the PC on 20th June 2023 to discuss:
  1. Funding for new play equipment
  2. Local suppliers to be sourced.
  3. KPFA & PC considered a joint venture with match funding.
  4. Will be purchasing a solar powered camera & cage.

REPORTS From Parish Councillors

  • The Chairman explained in detail about the Beech Lane planning application.


Cllr Ann Addison (Kislingbury lead), Cllr Karen Cooper, Cllr Adam Brown

  • Sport-themed Summer Reading Challenge from the 8th
  • Free Emergency Services fun day in Daventry on Wednesday 9th August from 10 am to 2. Pm, Dantre.

There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at: 9.05 pm


DATE OF NEXT MEETING:                     TUESDAY, 19th SEPTEMBER 2023, 7.00 pm



Signed:                                                                                                Dated: