Minutes 24th October 2023

Minutes Uploaded on January 29, 2024




MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday, 24th October 2023, at 7.00 pm,



Dr J. Hughes, Chairman                             

Mrs J. Mallett. Vice-Chairman

Mrs S. Deane            

Mrs S. Goodman           

Mr P. Billingham


The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming everyone and making the following announcements:


  • I would like to advise Councillors and members of the public that under the Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 members of the public are permitted to photograph, film, broadcast and report on the meeting, subject to the efficient running of the meeting not being


  • To note that this meeting had to be postponed until this evening due to a village power failure.
  • The Chairman made the following statements before the start of the meeting:
  1. Succession Planning – having read an information paper from NCALC & due to the Clerk’s recent stay in hospital, it has become important to have emergency plans in place to deal with the Council’s financial and administrative matters. This will be discussed with the Clerk & reported to the full Council.
  2. The changes to the bank mandate had been an ongoing & difficult situation. Barclays appeared to have lost all the completed application forms & after three weeks of daily telephone calls, the paperwork had been located & invoices could now be paid.  However, the Parish office then received a letter from Barclays stating that they had not received any change of mandate forms and therefore new paperwork had to be submitted.  The Clerk will contact Barclays mandate team for an explanation.
  3. CIL fund – items to be included on the ‘wish list’ to be discussed. Possibility of a working group to be set up.


APOLOGIESReasons for absence to be recorded.  A. Ayres, previous meeting, R. Harvey work,

  1. Parkerson, meeting.


ATTENDING:           No attendees


DECLARATION OF INTERESTS:  Both interest & nature of interest to be declare.  None




MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING:    These had been previously circulated, were proposed,

seconded and signed by the meeting Chairman as a correct record with the following amendments:

  • 236: External audit report should read 2022/2023
  • 236: Monthly updates on finances discussed
  • 236: Relevant NALC sections to be updated for members.
  • 237: Defibrillator – code numbers for equipment discussed. SP to make enquiries.
  • 238: Report from WNC revisited at October meeting.


PLANNING: – P. Billingham


  • Monthly planning list sent to all members by PB.


Application Location Proposal Comments
2023/6902/FUL Mission Cottage 1st floor extension Plans available
2023/6962/FUL Land off Rothersthorpe Road 1-2 self-build properties. Plot 1 including widening the access. Plans available
2023/6322/FUL The Gardens, 3 Hodges Lane Removal of porch & outbuildings – Revised scheme Revisions now being treated as a new application
2023/5796/FUL 5 Willow View Front door relocation, rear extension PC no objections
2023/5845/FUL The Sun Inn Temp. consent for 3 pods PC no objections

WNC permission

2023/5029/FUL 3 Hodges Lane Outline for 3 dwellings Plans available
WNS/2022/0673/MAF Land off Beech Lane 58 dwellings Application pending
2023/5159/FUL Sunny & Spooks Agricultural building, hard standing for car parking & marque WNC approval


  • To note: Correspondence received in respect of 3 Hodges Lane.  Potential flooding issues to be addressed.
  • Environment Agency concerns.
  • Concerns expressed regarding scaffolding erected by 3 Hodges Lane covering the footpath. Clerk has contacted WNC regulations team who state site inspected & the scaffolding has a licence.
  • Clerk to write to WNC planners with thanks for the attention they are giving to the Hodges Lane application.
  • Spitfire Homes – Clerk to contact the new site manager to arrange a meeting with the PC.


FINANCE:     The Clerk (RFO), J. Hughes


Bank Balance                                     Current Account                                             £65,132.15

Deposit Account                                             £1520.98

Monies Received                                2nd ½ of annual precept                                  £30,500.00

To note                                                Reserve fund (in current a/c) stands at          £3,000. 00.

To Note:

  • Finance spread sheets & other finance paperwork sent to all members to help with 2024/2025 budget preparations.
  • Barclays Bank change of mandate concerns. PC to consider moving accounts to Lloyds Bank and applying for internet banking arrangements.
  • Grant application forms request received from:
  1. Prish Church @ £1500 towards the Churchyard mowing. Agreed
  2. Parker @ £250 towards the Christmas reindeer. Agreed
  3. Southworth to support the food & drink fayre in 2024 @ £1500.00. Agreed


  • Application forms requested & sent to:
  1. Saynor for the village hall.
  2. Lawrence for KPFA
  3. Rob Lewis for the Football Club.


It was proposed, seconded & resolved to pay the following invoices:


Chq. No. Payee Information   Amount VAT Total
1981 M. Harris Final Comm. Pantry payment 276.00 276.00
1982 HMRC Clerk’s PAYE (August) 79.40 79.40
1983 HMRC Clerk’s PAYE (September) 79.40 79.40
1984 Allseasons Mowing x 3 invoices 4210.00 842.00 5052.00
1985 Npower Lighting supply 485.78 97.12 582.90
1986 Barbara Osborne Payroll services x 3 invoices 69.00 69.00
1987 NCALC Training – J. Hughes 48.00 9.60 57.60
1988 Information Commissioner Data Protection 40.00 40.00
1989 E. ON Lighting maintenance 46.94 9.38 56.32
1990 Anne Upton Archive materials 92.34 92.34
1991 /1992 Cheques cancelled Incorrect addressees 0.00 0.00
1993 A.    Addison (Clerk) Salary & Expenditure x 3 months 1331.78 184.97 1516.75
1994 HMRC Clerk’s PAYE 79.40 79.40
1995 Kislingbury V. Hall Hire of committee room 11.00 11.00
1996 Allseasons Mowing 1350.00 270.00 1620.00
1997 E. ON Lighting maintenance 366.50 73.30 439.80
1998 Npower Lighting supply 732.96 146.54 879.50
1999 A.    Addison (Clerk) Salary & Expenses 382.27 83.30 465.57
2000 NCALC Training – J. Mallett 33.00 6.60 39.60


To Note: 

  • The Clerk has written to PKF Littlejohn regarding closure of the 2022/2023 external audit and the final invoice for work undertaken. No reply received at time of this meeting.
  • The Clerk has been in touch with Lloyds Bank regarding moving the Council’s accounts due to unacceptable online banking rules with Barclays.
  • Switching account from Barclays to Lloyd Treasurer’s Account does not attract any fees. It can be done either online or by phone.
  • Present signatories will be transferred over to the new account.
  • It was agreed for the Clerk to start the process of moving the Council’s bank accounts from Barclays Bank to Lloyds Bank. This will enable a workable online banking system to be opened with more than one signature.


PARISH CLERK’S REPORT – to include correspondence & communications.

  • WNC – Winter gritting – roads to be gritted.
  • Information commissioner – receipt for data protection fee.
  • Howard – request made for a 20 mph speed limit on High Street from Hodges Lane to Bugbrooke Road.
  • Barclays Bank requested information about the Council – Clerk has responded.
  • PC insurance alterations.
  1. Clear Insurance Management Ltd.
  2. Aviva cover @ £1014.07
  • Northants Air Ambulance – support / donation request. Not granted.
  • Letter sent to property in High Street requesting tree branches to be cutback as obscuring the Belisha Beacon. Work undertaken.
  • Rothersthorpe Road lighting – Clerk to enquire when they will be handed over to the PC.
  • Clerk to make enquiries regarding the realignment of Rothersthorpe Road.
  • Clerk to contact H. Howard requesting a site visit for school  barrier, school sign & ??



Casual Vacancy

  • The Council has one vacancy. Applications to be sent to the Clerk.

Allotments – S. Parkerson

Defibrillator – S. Parker

  • New pads for the Sun defibrillator.
  • Defibrillator training
  1. 5th December, 7.00 pm in the marquee at the Sun.
  2. 12th December, 7.00 pm at the village hall.

Grass Cutting – J. Mallett

Environmental Items including hedges & trees – Z. Kemp

  • Village trees inspection
  • Tree on Church Green has died & needs felling. As it is in the conservation area WNC needs to be informed before felling.  Suggest it is replaced by a Silver Birch.
  • Regarding the Beech Lane ditch query – Zoe has met with Kier engineer who will make enquiries regarding ownership of ditch & trees.

Website – R. Harvey / J. Mallett

  • Vice-Chairman reported the site is now technically compliant & a compliance report has been produced.
  • Financial information to be checked & rectified

Street Lighting – S. Goodman

  • Lights in Litchfield Close all out – Clerk has reported matter to E. ON.
  • Out of order light by Riverside Court has been reported.
  • PL69 Ashby Court. Resident has issues with the light opposite her home as it shines into her bedroom window.  A guard had been fitted but the light is tilting & glares into her bedroom.  Remedy needed.
  • PL72 by the dovecote on Rectory bend, High Street is being obscured by the trees. Clerk to contact WNC highways to trim overgrowth.
  • PL5 Bugbrooke Road is out of order – Clerk to report.
  • Hall Close concrete light replacement – Clerk to chase.


Village Maintenance, seats, planters, litter picking – S. Deane

  • Litter pick went well.
  • Litter Bins – 3 were requested but only one replaced. Clerk to chase.
  • Grit bins – 1 by The Sun is WNC, Nene Way bin is PC property. Allseasons to be asked to clean it out & restock it.

Highways, roads & footpaths – J. Hughes

  • Camp Lane potholes & road surface in a very poor state. Potholes to be reported.
  • VAS signs – Clerk to contact Steve Barber regarding the S50 licence.

School Liaison – J. Hughes

  • Has spoken to the Head regarding the purchase of a small silver cup. JH to purchase.
  • Has suggested that the school writes an article for inclusion in Kislingbury News.

Kislingbury News – J. Hughes

  • Due to the Chairman’s absence in September, the Vice-Chairman wrote the PC article for the newsletter.

Bugbrooke Medical Centre PPG – S. Goodman

  • Has helped with the Flu vaccination clinics.
  • PPG members volunteered to help with car parking & guiding patients.
  • Next meeting is on13th November when hoping to hear about the new IT system for the surgery.

Police Liaison – S. Parkerson

  • 15th October, batteries were stolen from a driveway on Bugbrooke Road.

KPFA Representative – J. Hughes

  • Attended the AGM. Report sent to all PC members.
  • Article of Memorandum to be signed by the PC & KPFA.
  • Clerk to enquire id bowls club defibrillator has been registered.

Village Hall Representative – J. Mallett

  • Judith Tonge is stepping down as the committee Chairman.
  • John Saynor to become the Chairman.
  • David Lawrence to take over the Treasurer’s role.
  • The committee is looking to increase the rental charges.
  • Taking Spitfire Homes to the small claims Court.

Neighbourhood Watch – D. Topliss – No report this month

Flood & Snow Warden – C. Payne – No report this month.

Footpath Warden – P. Beeston

  • Stile over the bridge on footpath to A4500 has been repaired & is lower & more accessible.
  • Footpath from willow View to Heygates has been cut back. (Nene Way)
  • Work has been undertaken on 2 paths to Bugbrooke from Gayton Road.


REPORTS From Parish Councillors & Clerk

  • Arrangements for a Christmas meal at the Sun – Friday 15th December, 7.30 pm. Deane to collect names & a deposit.
  • Hughes – Parish Online – bespoke email addresses for all Councillors.




Cllr Ann Addison (Kislingbury lead), Cllr Karen Cooper, Cllr Adam Brown

  • WNC preparing the 2024/2025 budget.
  • Poor air quality in West Northants discussed at the full council meeting.
  • Climate change discussed by members.
  • Solar panels on industrial buildings discussed.
  • Political balance measures on committees discussed.




  • CIL fund
  • Budget & Precept
  • Succession Planning
  • VAS signs & licence.
  • Parish Council rules & sections


There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at: 9.31 pm



DATE OF NEXT MEETING:                     TUESDAY 7th NOVEMBER 2023, 7.00 pm

                                                                        Please note the change of date of the above meeting

                                                                        To Note:

                                                                        The December meeting will be held on

                                                                        TUESDAY 5TH DECEMBER 2023 AT 7.00 PM






Signed:                                                                                                Dated: