Minutes 5th December 2023

Minutes Uploaded on January 29, 2024




MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday, 5th December 2023, at 7.00 pm,



Cllr Dr J. Hughes, Chairman                     

Cllr J. Mallett. Vice-Chairman

Cllr S. Deane            

Cllr P. Billingham           

Cllr R. Harvey         


The Chairman opened the meeting by welcoming everyone and making the following announcement:


I would like to advise Councillors and members of the public that under the Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014 members of the public are permitted to photograph, film, broadcast and report on the meeting, subject to the efficient running of the meeting not being



APOLOGIESReasons for absence to be recorded.


  1. Goodman (Working), A. Ayres, S. Parkerson (family)


ATTENDING:           Z. Kemp, tree warden, C. Payne, flood warden, 2 parishioners


DECLARATION OF INTERESTS:  Both interest & nature of interest to be declare. None




  • Due to the problems with HGV traffic mounting the grass verge outside The Comwell, and the increasing number of vehicles using the verge as an overflow car park, Mr Moriarty is willing to install reflective posts on the edge of the verge. Clerk to contact highways as the verge is their land.
  • Clerk to contact The Cromwell manager requesting him to ask his customers not to park on the verge.
  • Deep concerns regarding the flooding due to very heavy rain.


MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING:    These had been previously circulated, were proposed,

seconded and signed by the Chairman as a correct record.


PLANNING: – P. Billingham


  • Monthly report sent to all members.
  • Concerns were raised that there is often not enough time to respond to applications.
  • 14 Dukes Green Road for 2 x semi-detached houses – on the WNC website but no application information has been sent to the Parish office.
  • Concerns raised that the village has already exceeded its quota of infill properties. However, the village remains as an infill village according to the SNC Local Plan part 2.
  • To note, WNC is working on the next Local Plan which will cover all of WNC.
  • 3 Hodges Lane – new plans for two properties instead of 3. All objections still apply despite the change on highway issues, balancing ponds, flood risk.






Application Location Proposal Comments
2023/7872/ADV The Cromwell, 1 High Street Relocate existing house name letters on building.

New LED trough light to illuminate new sign to fit within existing frame

PC comments:

No objections

2023/7408/PA Clarkes Lodge, Bugbrooke Road To determine whether prior approval is required PC comments:

No objections


FINANCE:     The Clerk (RFO), J. Hughes


Bank Balance                                 Current Account                                           £51422.72

                                                            Deposit Account                                            £1526.28

Monies Received                              


  • Audit Report
  1. Clerk has been in touch with PKF Littlejohn & arrangements have been made to complete the audit by the end of January 2024.
  2. Members have read the in ternal audit report.
  3. Members have read the schedule issued by the Chairman.
  4. Items to be added to the new website now that it is up & running.
  • 2024/2025 Budget
  1. Budget discussed & agreed by Members.
  • 2024/2025 Precept
  1. It was agreed by all to precept to WNC for £66,00.00
  2. Proposed by P. Billingham, seconded by J. Hughes.
  • Bank mandate change
  1. New signatories to be confirmed: J. Hughes, J. Mallett, S. Deane.
  2. Confirmation to be undertaken by phone due to the bank not being able to un dertake the task manually.
  • CIL Fund
  1. It was greed to set up a working party to build a draft list of items.
  2. To note, match funding has been agreed with KPFA for the playground.


It was proposed, seconded & resolved to pay the following invoices:


Chq. No. Payee Information Amount VAT Total
2009 HMRC Clerk’s PAYE 79040 79.40
2010 Cancelled Incorrect payee 0.00 0.00
2011 Allseasons Mowing – Inv.30/11/2023 785.00 157.00 942.00
2012 Campion School Printing 300 flyers 12.00 12.00
2013 Sue Deane PC Christmas tree lights 6.99 16.99
2014 NCALC Training – J. Mallett 18.00 18.00
2015 A.    Addison (Clerk) Salary & Expenses 382.27 64.38 446.65


PARISH CLERK’S REPORT – to include correspondence & communications.


  • Use of Parish Council maintained Greens. PC asks that anyone who wishes to instal a notice an item or hold a function on the village Greens should contact the Parish Clerk in the first instance.
  • Rothersthorpe Road chicane – correspondence received from the Clerk to Rothersthorpe PC regarding an HGV & car accident. Concern expressed at the siting of the chicane.
  • Request for a 20 mph speed limit along High Street passing the village school has been turned down by WNC.
  • Speed limit along Bugbrooke Road proposal to introduce a 30 mph limit has been agreed by the Speed Limit Review Panel.
  • Sent to all members:
  1. Schedule of meetings for 2024.
  2. KPFA information
  • Community Payback – Offenders & unpaid work. The CP Team would like to work with Parish Councils regarding work needing doing.
  • NCALC Cautionary Tale regarding having a secure, robust & sustainable website & email system. All should be purchased from a reputable supplier.



Casual Vacancy There is a vacancy for one coopted member.  Applicants to contact the Clerk.

Allotments – S. Parkerson

  • Clerk to prepare allotment rent requests for 2024 season.

Defibrillators – S. Parkerson – No report this month.

Grass Cutting – J. Mallett

  • Clerk has received an email from Allseasons stating an invoice @ £1620.00 had not been paid. On checking the accounts, this invoice had been paid on 17/10/23 by cheque 101996. Clerk has informed Allseasons.

Environmental Items including hedges & trees – Z. Kemp

  • Request to go ahead with a tree audit which will note the condition of all trees and produce a site plan@ £435.00 + VAT. It was proposed by S. Deane, seconded by R. Harvey & agreed by all to go ahead with the audit.

Website – R. Harvey

  • Mallet reported the website is now ‘compliant’.
  • Query if PC owns the copyright of photos used.
  • All P. Cllrs to have a PC email address – No report.

Street Lighting – S. Goodman – all out of order lights reported.

Village Maintenance, seats, planters, litter picking – S. Deane

  • Cromwell verge being restored after work completed. Clerk to contact Lydon of Cuttle Mill.
  • Clerk to contact WNC again regarding 2 new waste bins.
  • School Lane hedge needs attention.
  • New School sign needed for over the bridge & before the Dovecote
  • Dean has spoken to dog bin contractor – all bins are now being emptied.

Highways, roads & footpaths – J. Hughes

School Liaison – J. Hughes – No report this month

Kislingbury News – J. Hughes – will prepare item from the PC.

Bugbrooke Medical Centre PPG – S. Goodman

  • Problems with the new prescribing system.

Police Liaison – S. Parkerson

KPFA Representative – J. Hughes

  • Football Club land. Queries regarding ownership.  Information received from J. Saynor.
  • Football Club floodlighting – PC has no objections in principal but would like further details such as size of lights, & timing of lights.
  • Memorandum of understanding between PC & KPFA – copy sent to all members & KPFA.
  • Grant application @ £2197.00 for security measures proposed by J. Mallett, seconded by S. Deane & agreed.

Village Hall Representative – J. Mallett

  • Clerk to write to J. Saynor regarding the grant request.

Neighbourhood Watch – D. Topliss – No report received.

Footpath Warden – P. Beeston – No report this month.


REPORTS From Parish Councillors & Clerk


  • The Clerk attended an NCALC training session on the Code of Conduct. The Seven Nolan Principals were discussed & PCs ere asked to make the public is aware of the Seven Principals of Public Life that all Parish Councillors have agreed to adopt.  It is recommended that the 7 Principals are added to the agenda or minutes.




  • Flooding – residents in particular those who have had problems with the flooding are invited to the January PC meeting.
  • Clerk to produce an advert for the notice boards.


There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at: 9.40 pm



DATE OF NEXT MEETING:                     TUESDAY 16th JANUARY 2024, 7.00 pm






Signed:                                                                                                Dated: